Thursday, April 1, 2010

"A Help In Need Is A Help Indeed"


Though this was a casual thing but an unusual part of that day,it was close to half past 4 in the evening. Sun seemed to scorch the roads like a fire bed . On my way back to home from college ,had to board my train from Park to Chennai central. In a small transit between the two station , i was craming into my mobile to send forwards to all my friends. A Old lady close to 5o was watching observing me for quite a long time.I too noticed that she was constantly admiring my activites. All of a sudden she engaged herself in a conversation with me, which went on like this..
Old lady: Son, What are you doing with your phone
Me: Nothing just reading messages...
O.L : hmmm, i saw a sign board stating about the tariff of roaming charges, could u give me some details about that.
Me: ( explained her about the plans and how they charge, best plan ..blah ,blah)..
O.L : Oh ! thank you..
Me: Give me your bag i can help you to till the station( I saw her struggling to carry those heavy bags,offered to my hand to help her carry the luggage)...
O.L : No problem son, I can manage....
Me: Its k , give me one ..
O.L : So nice of you,thanks a lot(
Me : No probs....
In a 10 min transit , she spoke about her family her life and where she is heading to.I was just a silent listener to all her talk . Finally we reached the suburban station , i handed her luggage back.She thanked me once again for my help,I said,"welcome"And i saw my train waiting in platform number 13 ready to leave ,and ran towards the train to make it on time.

Note:Two things i felt strange about this happening, one the unusual discussion and other her belief to offer the luggage to me.( this wont happen everyday and with everyone)...

by,
KVS

5 comments:

  1. probably naangellam ungala epadi thappa nenaikuromo antha mathri avangalum ungala romba nallavanganu nambirupanga la irukumo??? Poor lady!!! :D Anyways good job dada!! Kalakiteenga ponga!! :) Ithu honest appreciation pa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw april 1st post panirukeenga, is it real??

    ReplyDelete
  3. naan solvadellam unmai , unmaiya thavira ver ondrum illai.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. mapila.. nice thing you did da.. but also realize that it is quite common considering the circumstances and the person you've interacted with.. please do keep doing these kind of things... really very happy da..

    ReplyDelete